Below are the instructions for the one million+ good deed campaign.
One million+ Good Deed Campaign 2016
– Each member will be given a pledge card where they will pledge to do one good deed a day.
– Youth members will need to do their pledge and be witnessed by their parents/guardian
– Youth members will need to hand over their cards to their Leader for safekeeping As part of the learning, Leaders are to distribute the pledge cards back to the youth members on a regular basis at unit meetings for them to record their significant good deeds (given out during fall in and collected back at fall out).
– there are 10 slots on the pledge card where they can record their experiences.
– At the end of the year, Leaders are to organize a session where all youth members get a chance to share their experience with the rest of the unit.
– Each member will be given a pledge banner.
– After pledging, youth members should take a photo with the pledge banner and submit it to their Leader via email.
– Leaders are to consolidate all the photos and send them via email to email@example.com
Pledge Invite Cards
– Each member will be given 5 pledge invite cards (Pelandok scouts took only 1 so there will be more next meeting to be given to you).
– They are to hand out the invite cards to their family members first and then to their friends/classmates/teachers to invite them to pledge to do one good deed a day.
– After securing their pledges, they are to invite them to take a photo with the pledge banner.
– Submission of photos are as per the instructions above.
Badge & Collar Pin
– A badge will be awarded to each participating member. The badge can be worn on the uniform (above the name tag) for the whole of 2016.
– A collar pin will be awarded to each participating member. The collar pin is provided to take the message of the campaign beyond the scouting community. Members are encouraged to wear the collar pin on their school uniform etc. to show that they are participating in the One Million+ Good Deeds in 2016 campaign.
– We would like to encourage all members to upload their photo with the pledge banner and of scouts doing their good deeds onto their social media account and using the campaign hashtag #onegooddeedaday2016
– Please ensure that decent photos and permission is sought prior to the posting of such suitable material(s) onto your social media account.
That is all.
Yours In Scouting,